Well, first of all The Cheese Geek is a real person...it is me, Edward, and it goes without saying, I am slightly barmy about cheese!
So what is The Cheese Geek all about?
Our mission is to make eating and exploring cheese easier and more fun. We are stripping away the intimidating cheese experts and overwhelmingly massive choices so you can just be carefree and enjoy great cheeses.
- It's about the cheese journey, and not a one-off set of cheeses to eat and then forget about.
- It's about not panicking when faced with a choice of 100 cheeses and an 'expert' behind the counter, nor is it about worrying about how much you have spent because everything is in £/kg
- It's about not getting home, and finding you have no info on any of the cheeses you bought, and often not even labels to tell you which cheese is which.
- It is about tracking and scoring every cheese you have tried so you actually figure out what you like and don't like for next time.
- It is about getting into cheese without feeling out of your depth, daunted or intimidated.
- It is about making sure that nobody else comes close to delivering cheese in as perfect condition as we do. We cut no corners...ever.
- And finally...it is about making that cheese journey so ridiculously easy, that you barely even need to lift a finger.
We are constantly tasting cheeses, searching for the best of the best at any given time, so each month we'll update our cheeseboxes and online cheese shop to bring you the top seasonal picks, new discoveries and new combinations. Not only that, we are always testing cheeses at different stages in their maturity so that you have the best possible chance of receiving every cheese at the top of their games.
Our number one aim is to help you taste amazing cheeses that you might not come across all that often, or cheeses that you have not even heard of before at all. Most importantly, we want to make sure you receive every piece of cheese in perfect condition, so we ensure all of our cheese is sourced from the best in the business. We then cut no corners when it comes to looking after the cheese once it is with us, and chilling and insulating the cheese properly when it is delivered.