Cheese Whisperers (Cutting, Wrapping and Packing)
At Cheese Geek Towers we have orders going out at quite a clip so we're on a mission to unearth some champion cheesemongers, or as we call them, cheese whisperers.
Why Whisperers? Because in a short space of time (it might be already), cheese will become your best friend. You’ll quickly find yourself whispering sweet nothings to a Tunworth or even scribbling love notes to a Comte. This is the sort of love and care for cheese that we’re looking for. Once you’re in that special relationship place, your primary focus will be cutting, wrapping and packing cheese.
We're on the hunt for part time whisperers who are able to start ASAP!
We’re proud to be a London Living Wage Employer paying £10.75 per hour.
What we’re looking for in you
- Love for cheese!
- An enthusiastic and sociable attitude – we are a small and friendly team with a great working atmosphere…we are also smooth operators working like a well-oiled machine so anticipating the needs of others and thriving in a team environment is a must!
- Diligence and care taken in every step of the cheese journey from fridge to box – we want you to love and care for the cheese as much as we do! Attention to detail is key here at Cheese Geek HQ.
- Good listening skills and the ability to pick things up quickly – Communication is key! Things move swiftly when it comes to our cheese – it goes from fridge to box in the blink of an eye, so we need efficiency and great communication between all our geeks!
- The ability to remain calm and efficient working in a fast paced environment – there can be a lot happening at once.
- Ideally some experience working with food (even better if it’s cheese!)
- As you’ll be sending out alcohol, you’ll need to be 18 or over
- Love for cheese! (so important, we listed it twice)
- Operating equipment such as Cheese Wire Cutters, Knives and Slicers. You will be using our cheese slicers/knives to divide up wheels/blocks of cheese – this will require bags of care and adherence to our super important health and safety procedures.
- Wrapping cheese with care and speed – not only does our cheese have to taste mega, it has to look mega too!
- Packing our recklessly good-looking boxes with our mouth-watering cheese so that everything stays chilled and fresh for the journey ahead.
To apply, drop us a note with your CV attached to email@example.com
We're always keen to hear from fellow Geeks who would like to join us on our cheese journey. If you have worked in the industry and are on the lookout for a new challenge, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org