Baron Bigod & Cherry Amaretto Filo Bites
It’s understandable why brie and cranberry is a banger of a combination, at Christmas, in the New Year, basically year round! They're the perfect mix of sweet and savoury, whilst also being oh so easy to devour. Here at cheesegeek, we have added a little twist, basing the recipe on the original but adding our own quirks. Baron Bigod brie really has the perfect balance between rich decadent butter, and smooth earthy mushroom - perfect for melting. We’ve replaced the usual cranberry flavour with a sweet cherry... And trust us your mind will be blown.
About the chef: A masterchef contestant in 2018, Simon Spooner was taught to cook by his mother, a patisserie chef, and now runs his own business, whipping up a storm in the kitchen at supper clubs, private dinners and events.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes
|Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
|Serves: 24 bites, debatable how many people.
|Dietary: Not Vegetarian (However swap Baron Bigod for Cenarth Brie on you have yourself a veggie treat!)
1 250g Baron Bigod
1 jar of Champion Cherry & Amaretto preserve
1 pack of filo pastry
150g salted butter.
- Pre heat your oven to 180c
- Place the butter in a saucepan and melt over a medium heat
- Take the Baron Bigod, slice horizontally through the cheese and then cut into 16 roughly equal chunks
- Take 2 sheets of filo pastry, place them on a clean worktop and with a pastry brush spread them lightly with the melted butter
- Top each sheet with another sheet of filo pastry and again lightly brush it with butter
- Divide the sheets of filo pastry into 8 equal squares so that you have 16 squares in total.
- In the centre of each square add half a teaspoon of cherry & amaretto preserve and top with the chunk of Baron Bigod.
- Then take the 4 corners of each square, bring them together in a rough pyramid and twist them together until you have a little parcel.
- Place the parcel on a baking sheet and repeat this process for the rest of the parcels.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve
Perfect for your Brie and Cranberry fix...