Possibly the best method of consuming cheese made with some of the best cheeses! The richness, nuttiness of the poacher is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of the chutney. You’ll thank us for this one!
| Serves: 1 (this one’s all for you!)
Vintage Lincolnshire Poacher: Simon Jones made his first batch of cheese in 1992 with raw milk from his father's Fresian herd. From then, with his brother Tim's help, the dairy has grown and places great focus on limiting their impact on the environment with the installation of a turbine and solar panels
- Put a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat.
- Butter both sides of the bread generously and place on in the pan
- Load up with cheese a blob the chutney in too
- Put the other slice on top and press down
- Give the toastie about 3 mins on both sides until the bread is crisp and golden and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the pan and serve
Serve with an optional cornichon on the side and enjoy!